Wood flooring, be it real wood or engineered wood, can be some of the most commonly used floor coverings. Wood is beautiful and delivers any room a cozy, warm look.
Wood floors hold warmth, and are highly durable, and can last for years. The maintenance isn’t too much of an issue, yet should your engineered wood flooring have seen better days, or your real wood floor is no longer appealing, it could be time for a change.
Homeowners always have preferences, and as part of home renovations, it could be time for the floors to come up and start again.
Here you can learn a bit more about such flooring and how you may need the help of local Queen creek floor removal companies more than you initially thought.
Remove Floors or Not to Remove?
It’s not always easy to part ways with the beloved flooring in your home. Maybe you have real wood or engineered wood that has been around for years.
You can have lots of old memories and letting go can be challenging. Many homeowners often wonder if it’s possible to eke out a few more years out of the wooden flooring.
As good as real wood and engineered wood are, some issues can help you make up your decision to call your local dust-free tile removal company that carries out other work as well. Here are some problems wooden floors can present you.
- Scratches: Real wood and engineered wood can get deep scratches
- Staining: Real wood suffers from this more, and you can get some stains you can’t remove.
- Peeling: Engineered wood can peel if it gets wet. It ruins the look as the joins pull apart.
- Water damage: Cupping or crowning can occur in real wood flooring. Here, the planks may sink lower or raise more than the edges. Water can be a killer to any wooden floor, exceptionally if mold sets in underneath.
- Wear: After years, any wooden floor shows significant signs of wear. Engineered wood can discolor from sunlight, and real wood loses its finish.
Removing Wood Floors with Queen Creek Floor Removal Companies
We should note that to remove an old wood floor, there is a right way and a wrong way.
It needs to be handled extremely carefully. There may be issues if the procedure is completed too fast or without experience.
You might cut into the sub-flooring, for example. Also, it could take quite a while to clean up. So, why not get the professionals who come with full insurance and dust-free floor removal machines.
It can be challenging if you don’t have time or equipment to undertake the task. Rather than struggling, you can Contact Kodiak Tile and Stone, or you can fill in the compact form for a direct reply.